More than 400 designers are in agreement that bathroom renovation trends for 2015 are moving toward a more simplistic, cleaner and contemporary look, according to a style report by the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Although homeowners and designers aren’t completely dismissing the traditional rustic, cozy charm of today’s bathroom styles, they are favoring cleaner and more modern lines.
Here are the hottest bathroom trends for 2015 to keep in mind if you’re considering a bathroom renovation in the near future:
- Soaking and free-standing tubs are taking over the traditional glass-encased rain shower tubs. Designers agree they expect to see a decline in homeowners opting for standard tubs.
- Multi-head showers are becoming more popular as homeowners enjoy the indulgence, luxury and functionality of being misted from all angles.
- Steam showers may once have been an experience you’d only find in a spa, but the latest trends show homeowners who want that “spa experience” in their own homes – transforming their once five-minute shower into a luxury steam shower experience.
- Under-mounted sinks are all the rage for 2015. Bowl-shaped sinks on cabinets may have been popular a few years back (and they do offer a place to store your toiletries), but designers say homeowners may not mind finding a place to stash their stuff and opt for a more modern “leggy” sink.
- Gray is the new white when it comes to the favorite color choice for bathrooms in 2015. While white, blue and beige are still popular choices, gray is becoming the fastest-growing shade for bathrooms, according to the National Kitchen and Bath Association.
- Quartz countertops are gaining in popularity as the countertop of choice in the bathroom. Designers say quartz is a major player for 2015.
- Black tile has made its appearance in kitchens across the country, but designers are now opting for the bolder, darker and more intriguing look of black tile. Recycled glass remains a top choice in bathroom design, as it offers a choice of bold colors and the option to go from floor to ceiling for a more dramatic look.
- Radiant heat is one of the hottest bathroom trends, as homeowners enjoy not only the comfort of in-floor heating on cold winter mornings, but the practicality and cost-effectiveness over other heating methods.
- Televisions, stereos and fireplaces aren’t just for the den anymore. Homeowners are channeling their comfort zones into their bathrooms and designing a once unexpected place for relaxation into a den of tranquility by adding flat screen TVs, surround sound stereo systems, and fireplaces – finally making the name ‘rest room’ a reality.
We hope that this article gives you some ideas if you are looking to remodel your bathroom in the New Year. Please post your comments or questions below.