by Marcello Becchi email@example.com
Smaller kitchens can be cozy and inviting, and instill a sense of warmth and charm to your home. Homeowners today are embracing the remodeling of their small kitchen areas as more options are available to them, with exciting creative ideas springing up right before their eyes. Two of the immediate questions you’ll ask yourself is, “How will I fit everything?” and “Where will it go?” Remember to consider the best options for storage, lighting and appliances, and to keep them at the top your list when planning your beautiful new space.
Granite Transformations® offers these space-saving tips to spark your imagination and inspire your dream kitchen:
• Multitask – When space is at a minimum, maximize its functionality by looking for spaces that can be used for more than one purpose. One example is opting for an island or peninsula, instead of setting up a traditional table and chair ensemble. This family-friendly gathering space offers a spot for casual meals in addition to extra work space and storage. Some can even be equipped with a small sink to allow for quick clean-ups on those busy nights.
• Smaller and Compact Appliances – Appliance manufacturers have met the demands of creating a more efficient space for small kitchen owners by offering a range of space-saving and compact appliances, such as refrigerators that are 24 inches deep (instead of 30 inches deep) and microwave ovens that can be hung underneath cabinets to save precious counter space.
• Smart Storage – Maximize your storage space by increasing the depth of your countertops to accommodate more appliances and increase work space.
• Maximize Counter Space – Opting for one large countertop rather than smaller ones throughout the kitchen creates a more open space, and is more functional for busy cooks who are looking for extra room. Another great tip is incorporating a cutting board that can slide over the sink to expand the countertop even more.
• Cabinets – Think “up” when planning your cabinet layout. Utilizing the empty space above traditional cabinets creates a feeling of grandeur and is the perfect place to store your seasonal dishes, platters or bakeware. Yes, they may be a bit harder to reach, but grabbing a step stool a few times a year is worth the increase in space you’ll enjoy every day. You may also want to consider having a spice rack cabinet tucked inside one of your doors. It’s a great way to organize your spices and free up counter space.
• Strategic Lighting – Installing under-the-counter lighting can create an illusion of more space, which will not only make your kitchen appear larger but add a touch of ambiance as well.
• Adding a Large Window for Natural Light – Let the sun shine into your beautiful new kitchen by opting for a large bay window. The sunshine will not only light your kitchen but bring the soothing effect of a sunny day into your home.
• Flooring – If you’re considering replacing your flooring with tile, opt for placing the tiles on a diagonal, which will give the illusion of a larger space.
• Open Shelving – Displaying your dishes and bowls on open shelving reduces clutter and offers a more relaxed and casual feel.
• Make it Happen – It all starts with a click of your mouse or a quick call to your local Granite Transformations dealer to schedule a free in-home design consultation that will turn your dream kitchen into a reality. Granite Transformations makes it easy and we take the guesswork out of the entire process. Your new kitchen can be only one day away…