As we enter 2012, many of us will take the time to reflect on 2011 and think about what we want to accomplish as our New Years’ Resolutions. Some resolutions may be personal, some may be professional, some are small and others may be harder to obtain. Although sometimes our resolutions may seem too ambitious or we try to change too many things at once, if you’re serious about turning your resolution into a reality this year, be sure to start early and do your research!
One of the most consistent New Years’ resolutions each year is that many want to improve the look of their home. Some individuals think that a home remodeling project may cost too much money or may require a home equity loan. Not the case with Granite Transformations! For a kitchen remodel, instead of gutting everything and starting over, which could cost more than $35,000, you can change your countertop or cabinets in just days, instead of the weeks it takes most kitchen remodelers. Adding a Trend Stone or Trend Glass countertop can greatly enhance the look of your kitchen. Also, by including a decorative Trend Mosaic backsplash and refacing your cabinets, you can change the look of the room all together, giving your kitchen that updated look it needs.
In addition to changing the kitchen, below is a list of home improvements that will make your home feel brand new and a perfect addition to your list of potential accomplishments in 2012:
1. Install Energy Saving Light Bulbs. It may cost more upfront, but will help you save money by reducing your electricity bill.
2. Fresh Paint. A fresh coat will help give your home a fresh appearance and can also enhance the value of your home if you are looking to sell in the near future.
3. Clean Gutters. Although this is usually a fall activity, if you haven’t already done this chore, check it off your list in January.
4. Install Programmable Digital Thermostats. By replacing your thermostats with programmable models, you can save on heat and improve your homes energy efficiency.
5. Service Your Heating and/or Air Conditioning. Professionally service your home’s HVAC equipment every year to maximize efficiency.
6. Seal Drafty Windows and Doors. Sealing windows and doors can save on heating costs by reinforcing drafty window frames.
7. Landscape the Exterior of your Property. Give your home some added curb appeal.
8. Clean Your Basement and Attic. For most of us, cleaning these areas will be major New Year’s home improvement resolutions. Clean storage spaces mean fewer pests and fewer hazards.
9. Inspect Your Roof. Identify and fix any leaks early by inspecting your roof before and after winter.
10. Winter Cleaning. Take some time and sort through old clothes, papers, and possessions. Clothing can be donated to charity and papers and boxes can be recycled or thrown out. Also, don’t forget the yard! Winter is the perfect time to plant trees and determine your spring landscaping plans since you typically aren’t as busy.