By the month of June, most gardens are in full throttle and transitioning from the beautiful Spring months to summer. Even in the summer months, plants continue to grow and despite the heat and humidity, this is not the time to rest and ignore all your hard work from earlier in the year. Refuel your gardening spirit and be sure to take time to take care of your plants through the humid months.
Here are a few things you can do:
- If you choose to purchase new plants, keep them well watered.
- Check your mulch and add additional as needed.
- Check foliage for signs of nutrient deficiency.
- Give your houseplants a summer vacation outdoors.
- Make sure the birds have fresh water and food