It’s not all about spring cleaning! Cleaning is important year-round. To prepare your house for fall football parties, back to school occasions, after-summer storage and more, make sure you check out these tips to get your household ready for fall:
- Clean the yard: During the summer, your yard probably got used a lot! Make sure everything is still in order in your yard. Put away your summer items like the beach chairs, summer decorations and more to prepare for cooler weather and more appropriate fall items.
- Store summer away properly: Clean your summer items before storing. Drain and store the garden hoses properly and throw away anything that will not be good for next year.
- Organize the garage or shed: As you also put away your lawnmower and other gardening tools, make sure your garage and shed are organized so everything is easily accessible. Don’t delay organizing these spaces! Make sure your garage and shed are safely in order so things do not come crashing down when they come back out in the spring.
- Get rid of the leaves: Make sure you’re raking regularly so your leaves don’t pile up! Inspect the gutters for cleaning too.
- Freshen the living room: Replace air filters, get fall-themed scents and candles and organize your drawers! The easiest way to start is one section at a time. Don’t get overwhelmed by all your cabinets and drawers. Pull one drawer or cabinet out at a time, organize, throw away and move on.
- Monitor the kitchen: Don’t forget to replace the baking soda in the back of your fridge, clean surfaces, wipe out drawers and cabinets, throw away old food and organize your food pantry!
Don’t forget that while you’re throwing out your older things, other people might be able to use your products! Consider donating your gently used things or things you do not use to your local shelter or donation center.